Do you have any spotty bananas? If so, what are you going to do? Make banana bread, of course! Follow our favorite vegan recipe to bake 1 lovely loaf or cut the ingredients in half to enjoy a mini loaf (keeping the same baking directions).
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, bananas, avocado oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in water and vinegar. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and crack in top of loaf appears dry.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.