Get giddy for Gingerbread Snack Cake! If pumpkin spice ‘this and that’ is everywhere right now, gingerbread can have its day too. And why shouldn’t it? Gingerbread is so delicious. You’ll really enjoy this recipe’s incredible complex flavor that comes from the sweetness of molasses paired with warm spices—ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground flax mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Zest from 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Juice from 1/2 orange
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine the flax meal and water. Set aside to thicken, 5 mins.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl, whisking until no lumps remain.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
5. Gently stir the wet mixture into the dry.
6. Pour mixture into a lined 8×8 baking dish. Bake 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t over bake. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Combine powdered sugar and juice until smooth & get your drizzle on!
Photo/Recipe Credit @danishealthyeats