Want a fruity, creamy and delicious dessert?
Look no further than this SHOWSTOPPER plant-based recipe by @thrivingonplants.
It’s actually EASY! Here is what you’ll need…
- 1 cup almonds (any nuts work)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight & drained (or, a little hack is to soak it in boiling water for 10-15 mins instead!
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blackberries (if frozen, thaw first)
👉How To Make It:
1. Add the almonds, coconut and salt into a blender or food processor and blitz well until it becomes a fine crumb. Add in the dates and continue to process until well combined. It should stick when pressed together, if not then add in 1 tbsp of water and blend again. Press into a lined cake tin and pop into the freezer.
2. For the filling, combine all the ingredients minus the blackberries into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Take out a little over half of the mixture and pour on top of the base. Place into the freezer to set slightly.
3. With the remaining mixture, add in the blackberries and blend until smooth. Pour on top of the first layer and freeze until completely set.
4. Decorate with your desired toppings and serve. You can then place it into the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze it for 1 month (thaw before serving)
🤗🌟🌟FOLLOW and ENJOY more vegan buzz at http://www.vegbuzzmedia.com