Sorry, Pumpkin Police. Pumpkin season is starting early! 🍂🍁 Include some baking into your plans because this recipe is worthy of it. Not only is this bread gorgeous, the flavor combination is outrageously delicious!
▪ 1 1/2 cups flour
▪ 1 tsp baking powder
▪ 1 tsp baking soda
▪ 1 tsp cinnamon
▪ 1/2 tsp ground ginger
▪ 2 flaxseed eggs (mix 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal with 6 Tbsp water and set aside for 10 minutes)
▪ 1/2 cup sugar
▪ 2 ripe bananas, mashed
▪ 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
▪ 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
▪ 3 Tbsp nut milk (any nut milk)
▪ 1 tsp apple vinegar
▪ 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
▪ 1/4 cup pecan halves
▪ Sprinkle of each: pecan halves, chocolate chunks and edible flowers
▪ Fresh banana slices
How to Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a small dish, mix the milk with apple cider and set aside.
4. In another bowl, mix the ‘eggs’ (flaxseed mixture) with sugar, mashed bananas, canned pumpkin and yogurt. Then, add in the milk mixture and mix well. Then, add in the dry ingredients and mix but don’t over mix.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
8. Let the bread cool, a few hours. Decorate with a sprinkle of chocolate chunks, pecans and edible flowers, plus banana slices.
Recipe photo /credit: @oneslicemore, with edits by VegBuzz Media