Newsflash! Most of us aren’t eating enough nuts and seeds. Did you know they could help you lose weight and improve your health? This is because nuts and seeds are nutrient powerhouses packing essential vitamins, fiber and the types of fat that help you burn fat. Eat a handful a day of the right kinds and you can start reaping the benefits.
Here is a list to make it easy for you.
Top Healthy Nuts
- Almonds help to lower cholesterol, prevent cancer and promote fat burning.They contain calcium, magnesium, vitamin E, selenium and lots of fiber.
- Walnuts are good for your heart and brain, and contain a cancer-fighting antioxidant. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help with weight loss.
- Pecans help to lower cholesterol and promote fat burning. They have tons of vitamins and minerals like Vitamins E and A, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, B vitamins, and zinc.
- Brazil Nuts promote a healthy thyroid. They provide protein, copper, niacin, magnesium, fiber, vitamin E, and selenium.
- Pine Nuts promote cardiovascular health and are effective in suppressing hunger. They have Vitamins A, B, D and E, and contain 70% of your body’s required amino acids.
- Cashews promote a strong metabolism and a good mood. According to Dr. Andrew Saul, one big handful of cashews provides 1000-2000 milligrams of tryptophan, which rivals the antidepressant prescription Prozac.
Top Healthy Seeds
- Flax seeds contains lots of fiber, omega-3 oils and anti-oxidants. They help to satisfy hunger, reduce cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- Chia Seeds are rich in omega-3 oils, protein, anti-oxidants, calcium, and fiber. They offer up a nutty irresistible crunch and help to burn fat and build strong bones.
- Hemp seeds are a certified superfood with cancer and heart disease prevention properties. They are high in protein and fiber, with balanced omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- Sunflower seeds help prevent heart disease and cancer with phytochemicals, folate, Vitamin E, selenium and copper. They also have magnesium, which promotes a healthy metabolism.
- Pumpkin seeds are great for your immune system with antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and zinc. In fact, they have more zinc than any other seed, which is important for fat burning.
- Sesame seeds are a good source of calcium, magnesium, zinc, fiber, iron, B1 and phosphorus. They help to lower blood pressure and protect against liver damage.
Now that you have a good idea of which ones to eat, there is only one thing to do.
Rock Your Body with Super Nutrients!
Throw some nuts into a bowl for the family, toss some seeds and nuts into a smoothie or top your oatmeal and salad with them. Experiment a little and have some fun. Nuts and seeds that are organic raw or roasted are best.
Categories: Daily Buzz