Who needs a comforting breakfast after watching the debate last night? I do! This Cinnamon Banana French Toast is warm, comforting, crunchy and sweet. It fits exactly what I was looking for. You may love it too.
- 4 slices of bread, (GF optional)
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- ground flax seed
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. oil, spray oil for the pan.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup walnuts
- banana slices
How to Make It
- Cut your slices of bread into sticks. Set bread aside.
- Combine the mashed banana, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and ground flax seed in a large bowl and whisk. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk mixture once more. Completely dunk your bread sticks into the mixture, covering all sides.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the oil to your pan. Add 3 to 4 coated bread sticks to the pan (you don’t want to add too many at once).
- Sear slices on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with walnuts, bananas and maple syrup.
🙌To learn more about Chef Marissa and her recipes, visit @itsallgoodvegan on Instagram.
👉 FOLLOW www.vegbuzzmedia.com