Happy HALLOWEEN Month! Try out these ghostly cupcakes. They’re fun, good practice for Halloween baking and can get you into the spooky spirit of the season. Of course, if holiday baking is too soon for you…. you can always save this recipe for later.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (or GF)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup date sugar (or white sugar)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the FROSTING:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A few dark chocolate chips (for the eyes)
- Coconut whipped cream (I use Coco whip, store bought)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 F° degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with paper cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk, water until slightly curdled. Add sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry mixture to the wet mixture. Mix for 1 minute, until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 16 to18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Place cupcakes on cooling rack and cool completely.
- For frosting, add vanilla to coconut whipped cream. Fold in and keep the whipped topping fluffy.
- Add chocolate chips as the eyes of your VEGAN GHOST!
That’s it. I hope you try it out!
Recipe/ Photo credit: @plantsforfit on Instagram.
Enjoy more vegan recipes that stand out from the crowd!
What’s your Reaction?