Dip your spoon into this heavenly Caramelized Banana & Peanut Butter Chia Parfait, for a fantastic way to start your day. It’s fancy but uncomplicated. And easy to make!
Ingredients (makes 2 parfaits) 😊😊
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut yogurt
- 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, sweeten as you desire
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of your favorite granola
How to Make It
- Add chia seeds to a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Add almond milk, peanut butter, coconut yogurt, vanilla extract and maple syrup to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture over chia seeds, stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Leave for 1 hour, or covered overnight, in the fridge.
- Caramelize the bananas: Slice 1 banana in half. Slice the second banana into rounds. Rub both sides of all the banana slices with coconut sugar. Then, using some spray oil in a skillet, fry each side of the bananas until soft and caramelized.
- After the chia seed mix has refrigerated: Layer parfaits with granola, chia mixture and bananas.
- Chia seeds: Many vegan recipes use chia seeds for breakfast parfaits or as egg replacements for baking. Chia seeds are high in protein and good for you. They form a gel like substance when soaked. Be sure to grab a bag online or at the grocery store, so you can easily try many recipes.
- Coconut sugar: If you plan to substitute the coconut sugar, just know that it is less sweet compared to white or brown sugar.
🌟 Recipe/ Photo Credit : the_smallseed_