Step back, Pumpkin. Make room for other autumn flavors—Apple & Cinnamon! This delectable, uber-moist recipe is chock-full of feel-good aromas. Not only will your kitchen smell amazing while you are baking but you could find yourself feeling more cheerful with every bite. Apples and cinnamon are awesome like that. Let’s get baking! Here’s what you need.
Step 1 – Ingredients
- 2 medium apples
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Step 2 – Ingredients
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 5 tsp cinnamon
Step 3 – Ingredients
- 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. oat milk
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease or line an 8×4 baking pan. Set aside.
- Make the apple mixture: peel and core apples. Cut them into medium size pieces (about 2 to 2.5 cups). Toss the pieces with 1 Tbsp. of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Set aside.
- Make the cinnamon sugar mixture: in a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1.5 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- Make the dough mixture: in a mixing bowl, whisk 1/2 cup vegan butter with 1/4 cup brown sugar until fluffy. Add 1 cup of applesauce and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whisk for another minute. Add 1.5 cups flour, 1/4 cornstarch, 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir until combined. Add 1/2 cup oat milk. Stir until the dough mixture is smooth. (Do not over mix)
- Add half of the dough mixture to your greased or lined 8×4 baking pan. Sprinkle on half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Give the sugar a little swirl using the end of a spoon. Then, add half of the apple mixture followed by the remaining dough mixture, apple mixture and cinnamon sugar. Give the whole mixture a second gentle swirl.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350F or until toothpick, inserted into the middle, comes out clean.
- Remove loaf from oven to completely cool.
- Make the glaze: mix 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp. oat milk.
- Drizzle glaze on top of the completely cooled loaf.
🌟Credits: This delicious recipe & photo is the creation of Alex @plantbased.traveler